"Scanning phase folder" available for download as PDF. (2,8mb)
Our training programme has been specially designed in the form of modules to build in phased capability over six stages of learning.
- Scanning – this phase creates a greater awareness of the opportunities and possibilities for client States that are considering a formal application to re-define their continental shelf under Article 76;
- Desktop study – this phase takes place primarily in the laboratory where the client’s task force focuses on the compilation of existing data and the design of plans for further data acquisition.
- Acquisition – this phase implements the results of the desktop study phase;
- Interpretation – this phase concentrates on the analysis and interpretation of data, which leads to the establishment of delineation points;
- Submission – at this stage, the client State is ready to formulate and submit its claim for an extended shelf beyond 200 nautical miles;
- Follow-up – this is the final phase which addresses comments and responses from the Commission on the Limits of the Continental Shelf.
If you are interested in finding out more about the UNEP Shelf Programme and how we can assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us.